**Always follow the instructions in your repair manual when doing repair or maintenance work on a motorcycle. Manuals can be found at the dealer and online.**
In this video I show how to replace the battery on a 2008 Harley Davidson Road Glide. The battery is a Harley Davidson AGM battery, part #66010-97C, and is manufactured by Deka located in Eastern Pennsylvania. The advantages of using a AGM battery are:
1) AGM batterys do not lose water.
2) You don’t have to worrry about the battery fluid expanding or freezing.
3) AGM batteries will not leak even when damaged
4) AGM batteries have a very low self discharge rate. About 1-3 percent per month.
5) The lead plates in AGM batteries are mounted more rigidly than the plates in wet or flooded batteries. This makes AGM batteries more resistant to vibration and shock.
The disadvantage of AGM batteries is they cost about 2 times as much as wet or flooded batteries.
Thanks for watching!
Post time: Oct-19-2017