Review – Part 3. A brief review which looks at some of the features around the body of the Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT camera flash.
This is a hands on review of Canon’s new flagship Speedlite Flash – the 600EX-RT. It’s fairly large for a flashgun.
This review video is Part 2 of a multiple-part photography review/tutorial series on the camera flash.
This introductory review includes:
- introduction to the new flash
- a look at the swivel mechanism (for bounce flash photography)
- a demonstration/test of how quickly it can quickly fire the flash
- inspection of the battery compartment
- inspection of the weatherproof hot shoe foot mount
- the terminal ports located on the side of the Speedlite unit
- a brief look at the Dot matrix LCD panel
- the AF-Assist beam panel / IR panel at the front of the flash.
The new flagship Canon Speedlite flash features:
- wireless Radio triggering (wireless RT) in addition to optical triggering
– control up to five groups of flashes.
- Zoom flash head
- maximum Guide Number (197 ft./60m at ISO 100).
- improved flash head durability, exceptional dust and weather resistance.
- AF Assist Beam
- Dot matrix LCD panel and backlit button
- Color filter holder for attaching Canon color gelatin filters.
- 18 Custom flash Functions
- Full flash head swivel.
This is the Future of Speedliting.
It was announced on 2 March 2012, at the same time as the Canon EOS 5D Mark III DSLR camera. It replaces the Canon 580EX II as Canon’s flagship Speedlite. (It is rumoured that there will be a Canon Speedlite 440EX-RT flash coming out with Radio Triggering later this year.)
It is designed to partner with the ST-E3-RT Speedlite Transmitter, which is fitted onto the hotshot of your Canon DSLR Camera. Radio triggering means that you don’t need “line of sight” when using a flash in your photography. A real win for strobist photographers.
Stay tuned to my CHANNEL as I will post more detailed reviews on this new camera flash, which will be of interest to photographers and strobist enthusiasts.
Check out the parts of this video review –
Review Part 1 – https://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit?ns=1&video_id=1siq-2ODnPI
Review Part 2 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbCvkfGKav8
Review Part 3 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIGu-8poJls
Review Part 4 – [Strobists stay tuned & watch this space for another flash review here]
Filmed in 1080p HD HQ video.
Other tags (Ignore) –
Review Speedlite 600EX-RT Hands On First Look 600 EX RT EX-RT Camera Radio Triggering Trigger Triggered 600ex iii ST-E3-RT strobist EXRT cameras flash head Canon new gel filter holder DSLR photo photos photography EOS 5D Mark III photographer Reviews Nikon Unboxing Photograph (Visual Art Medium) professional studio demo radio trigger wireless iTTL eTTL speedlite demonstration strobe flashes transmitter BHPhotoVideoProAudio Pro tutorial training EF-S EF-M EOS-1D X camera New 580EXII EXii ii 580 EX-II light B&H Digital “How to” demo strobe strobist camera DSLR 580EXii Speedlite Nikon Speedlight flashgun
Post time: Oct-22-2017